Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why People Choose What They Choose?

I decided to explain a little about why I chose the creation myth that I did. It has always been more interesting to me to know the why behind the what. I really struggled between this myth and Hesiod's Theogony simply because I loved the beauty that could be found in both of them. Hesiod's description of Chaos birthing all the gods and the interactions between them as they tried to usurp each other was full of life and color. However, I kept coming back to that last sentence of the myth I chose where upon taking your last breath in this world, "you will be covered by her flesh as a blanket, under which your bones will rest in peace." It just created such a warm and comforting image of the one thing that seems to frighten nearly everyone, that unknown that is death and will he will come for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment