Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Hummingbird



My mother's birthday is coming up and whenever I think of the women in my family, I can't help but picture a hummingbird for a number of reasons. Growing up, all of my grandmothers had hummingbird feeders around their homes and absolutely loved watching them flutter by their windows. While searching for a card for my mother, I came across a card company called Papyrus that uses the hummingbird in their logo. On the back of the cards I came across a beautiful quote that made me love the association with these beautiful birds even more. The following is from their website explaining why they use the hummingbird. "Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Hummingbirds open our eyes to the wonder of the world and inspire us to open our hearts to loved ones and friends. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and to savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird’s delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life’s sweetest creation."

No comments:

Post a Comment