Monday, November 7, 2011

The Final Disintoxication

"'Why should I struggle through hundreds of pages of fabrication to reach half a dozen very little truths?'" (Fowles 96).

The Magus. There is so much from this book that I found absolutely astonishing and relevant and fascinating and there is simply not enough adjectives to explain how much I enjoyed and loved this book. It has made its way onto my list of favorites. I cannot escape the complete and utterly sumbersive quality this book invokes and forces upon its reader. One cannot help but want to finish and uncover the mysteries and reasons behind everything as Nicholas Urfe is trying as well. There are a few unanswered questions the book leaves on with which mirrors Urfe's situation perhaps intentionally. However, this unavoidable mystery is yet another thing I absolutely cannot credit as a dissapointment. Rather it would have been more of a dissapointing ending if all loose ends had been neatly tied or cut off. The book as a whole is far more intriguing as an experimentation itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment